What do they do?
Nestle Purina is an animal nutrition company which formulates and manufactures research-based diets and supplements for dogs and cats.
Visit their sustainability page to explore further:
Learn more about their sustainability focused partnerships and certifications here.
- Awarded Ducks Unlimited Corporate Conservation Achievement Award for contributions to wetland conservation
- Partners with The Nature Conservancy for the Central Nevraska Irrigation Project with CargillTM
- Focuses on on-farm conservation through Truterra
- Partners with Pheasants Forever to enhance soil health and protect water quality
- Partners with UPS for carbon neutral shipping on online consumer orders
- Certified Sustainable Seafood MSC
Purina has a thorough overview of their sustainability efforts on their website. They have outlined current policies as well as goals for the future in the areas of recyclable and reusable packaging, renewable energy, minimizing waste, water stewardship, and responsible sourcing of ingredients. Purina states that ingredients contribute the largest percentage of their carbon footprint and describes a vetting process for evaluating suppliers. Purina states that by 2025 all packaging will be 100% recyclable or reusable. They are committed to achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. Purina also lists and describes several sustainability focused partnerships and funded projects on their website. It appears that the page has not been updated recently, as one of the large highlights of the page states goals for 2020, though it is unclear whether these goals were achieved.
- 80% of recyclable packaging
- 60% renewable electricity is used at three facilities.
- 19% reduction of greenhouse gas emissions per ton of production since 2007
- 20% water efficiency improvement in factories
- Zero Waste for Disposal across all manufacturing operations
Dedicated Sustainability Group/Person: Nestle Purina states that they have a separate department solely dedicated to sustainability efforts
Company Size: Large (over 250 full-time equivalent employees)
Year Added: 2021